SOMERS, N.Y. -- Breezy summer afternoons are the perfect time to stretch and get a little exercise when the Somers Library hosts yoga for all ages on Saturday, July 8.
The event, from 1:30-2:30 p.m., is an all-levels family class that will include postures for everyone. Attendees will explore standing poses, sun salutations, partner poses, breathing and relaxation techniques and interactive yoga games. Bring a yoga mat. Sign up online at www.somerslibrary.org .
Other events planned for the month include:
- Coloring Club for Teens -- Mondays, July 11 through Aug. 22 from 3-4:30 p.m.-- Relax, color, and socialize.
- Teens & Tweens -- Summer Yoga & Mindfulness -- Mondays, July 11 and 25, from 3:45-4:30 p.m. -- Sign up online.
- Summer Anime Nights! -- Tuesdays, July 12 to Aug. 23 and Fridays, July 15 to Aug. 18 from 5-6:30 p.m.-- Join the Somers Library Program Room for a chance to watch anime from Crunchyroll on the big-screen TV.
- Magic the Gathering Club – Thursdays starting July 14 through Aug. 25 from 4-6 p.m. and Saturdays starting July 16 through Aug. 27 from 12:3-2:30 p.m.
- Teens: Solar Oven S’mores – Saturday, July 16, from 1-2:30 p.m. -- Teens make a solar oven out of a pizza box and melt s’mores. Registration is required.
- Get in the Game ... Create Your Own Board Game! -- Monday, July 18 from 4-5:30 p.m. Sign up online.
- Teen Summer Olympic Games -- Friday, July 22, from 3-5 p.m. Join the Somers Library in the Somers Library Summer Olympic Games. Sign up online.
- Sizzling Summer Crafts for Adults & Teens: Decoupage. Saturday, July 9, at 10:30 a.m. -- Bring your creative energies to this Decoupage Workshop. Register online.
- Sizzling Summer Crafts for Adults & Teens: Painting on Glass --- Saturday, July 16, at 10:30 a.m. -- Enjoy painting on glass. Register online.
- Sizzling Summer Crafts for Adults & Teens: Wreaths & Shells. Saturday, July 23, at 10:30 a.m. -- Gather up shells, sea glass ribbons, and create summer wreaths.
Register online at www.somerslibrary.org or call 914-232-5717.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.