HARRISON, N.Y. -- Manhattanville College in Harrison will host the annual Westchester Walk to Defeat ALS on June 23.
The event is sponsored by the ALS Association - Greater NY Chapter and co-chaired by Fran and Bill Monti of North Salem. ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, is a disease of nerve cells that affects voluntary muscle movement. It is usually genetic, and is incurable and fatal.
The Montis have led the walk for the past 11 years. Their son William was diagnosed at the age of 28 and died when he was 33.
The Walk to Defeat ALS is the ALS Association's biggest fundraiser of the year. Funds raised go to support care services and research. The Walk will be approximately two miles. Participants can walk as part of a team or as individuals. The Walk will commence at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 23 at Manhattanville College, 2900 Purchase Street in Harrison. Visit the ALS Association website or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Somers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Somers Man Charged With Disorderly Conduct Charge By Yorktown Cops
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures