SOMERS, N.Y. -- The third annual Valentine’s Day, “Steph Comfort Kit” event will be hosted by the Stephanie Crispinelli Humanitarian Fund and the Primrose Elementary School on Friday, Feb. 14 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
First-graders from Primrose Elementary will create comfort kits to help children in need. The kits include a cozy blanket, book, pillow and a Stephanie care bear.
The Red Cross distributes the kits to children at fires and other disasters. The first-graders have set an ambitious goal to create 100 kits.
Stephanie Crispinelli, a graduate of Primrose, devoted herself to helping others. She died at age 19 in the 2010 Haiti earthquake while on a humanitarian mission "Food for the Poor."
Valentine’s Day has become the gathering day to remember and honor Crispinelli's mission and to teach children at a young age the importance of humanitarian work.
Click here to see a video to learn more about Crispinelli and her past missions.
Primrose Elementary School is on 110 Primrose Street, Lincolndale.
- 1 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Bedford Hills Teen Accused Of Defacing Historic Clock Tower
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Man Who Rear Ends Two Cars On I-684 Faces DWI Charge, State Police Say