SOMERS, N.Y. -- The third annual Valentine’s Day, “Steph Comfort Kit” event will be hosted by the Stephanie Crispinelli Humanitarian Fund and the Primrose Elementary School on Friday, Feb. 14 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
First-graders from Primrose Elementary will create comfort kits to help children in need. The kits include a cozy blanket, book, pillow and a Stephanie care bear.
The Red Cross distributes the kits to children at fires and other disasters. The first-graders have set an ambitious goal to create 100 kits.
Stephanie Crispinelli, a graduate of Primrose, devoted herself to helping others. She died at age 19 in the 2010 Haiti earthquake while on a humanitarian mission "Food for the Poor."
Valentine’s Day has become the gathering day to remember and honor Crispinelli's mission and to teach children at a young age the importance of humanitarian work.
Click here to see a video to learn more about Crispinelli and her past missions.
Primrose Elementary School is on 110 Primrose Street, Lincolndale.
- 1 Mahopac Man Who Owns 3 Pet Stores Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Somers
- 4 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority