BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Marti Martial Arts Academy will host a free bully awareness seminar for students, parents and the community on Saturday, Sept. 14, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The seminar will consist of the following:
• A discussion on what is the definition of a bully
• A discussion on what makes someone a bully
• A discussion of the symptoms of someone being bullied
• A discussion on what a parent can do if their child is being bullied
• A discussion on how to get help for someone that is being bullied at school
• A basic self-defense techniques class on how to protect yourself from a bully
• Question and Answer dialogue
Family, friends and children are invited to attend the seminar.
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence