BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Marti Martial Arts Academy will host a free bully awareness seminar for students, parents and the community on Saturday, Sept. 14, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The seminar will consist of the following:
• A discussion on what is the definition of a bully
• A discussion on what makes someone a bully
• A discussion of the symptoms of someone being bullied
• A discussion on what a parent can do if their child is being bullied
• A discussion on how to get help for someone that is being bullied at school
• A basic self-defense techniques class on how to protect yourself from a bully
• Question and Answer dialogue
Family, friends and children are invited to attend the seminar.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Two Charged During Route 35 DWI Checkpoint In Somers