MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Ability Beyond, a leading nonprofit that provides services and programs to individuals with disabilities in Westchester and Connecticut, was recently the recipient of the proceeds from the Northern Star Quilters’ Guild 35th Annual Quilt Show held in May.
The guild raised more than $4,800 for Ability Beyond at its two-day event held at John F. Kennedy High School in Somers.
The event included an exhibition of more than 250 traditional and art quilts, lectures by Sue Nickels and Mark Lipinski, an invitational exhibit of modern quilts by Cherri House, demonstrations, a silent auction and over 30 vendors.
Ability Beyond was nominated to be the 2014 Charity of the Year by guild member Mary Cannizarro.
Cannizarro had firsthand experience with Ability Beyond after her daughter was in a car accident and needed support from the organization.
“I will never forget the helpful support and sound advice I received from Ability Beyond,” said Cannizarro.
“We are honored to have been selected as the benefiting organization from the Northern Star Quilters’ Guild,” said Kim Bragoli, director of communications at Ability Beyond. “We are thankful that Mary nominated us and we are pleased to continue to support her daughter at our organization.”
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Somers High School Garage Fire Results In Injury To Man, Chief Says
- 4 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Crash Reported At Route 35/100 Intersection In Somers