SOMERS, N.Y. -- Muscoot Farm will host a variety of family programs throughout July, and some include a mushroom and slime walk, a farmers market and a bird walk.
A rundown of events is below:
- Muscoot Open Late – Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., July 9, 16, 23 and 30. The farm is open late for a visit after camp or work.
- Mushroom and Slime Walk – Sunday, July 6, 10 a.m. An introduction to the world of slime molds and fungi with naturalist Taro Ietaka.
- Muscoot Farmers Market – Sundays, including July 6, 13, 20 and 27. Purchase fresh produce and food products from more than 25 local farmers every Sunday through the end of October. Go to muscootfarm.org for a list of vendors.
- Mondays at Muscoot Bird Walk – Monday, July 7, 7:30 a.m. Join Ann Swaim from Saw Mill River Audubon for a walk through fields and woods. Meet in the parking lot.
- Movie Night: "The Princess Bride" (PG, 1987) – Wednesday, July 16, 8:30 p.m. Bring blankets and chairs for the farm’s first outdoor movie night.
- Wildflower Walk – Sunday, July 20, 10 a.m. Join author Carol Gracie for a walk to learn about and identify wildflowers. Meet at the reception center.
Muscoot Farm is a Westchester County park located on Route 100 in Somers.
- 1 State Police Charge Two During DWI Checkpoint In Somers
- 2 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase