WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Watch the ball game, jam to live tunes, learn about a new culture, try your hand at cheese-making and more in Westchester County this weekend.
1. Peekskill Music Festival on Saturday, July 26 from noon to 10 p.m.
Peekskill's eighth annual music festival will feature music from performers such as the Rock of Ages Band, The Nighthawks and more. While listening to music, you can enjoy artisanal food vendors, craft beer, wine and specialty food trucks. Additionally, see Hudson Valley bands go head to head in a Battle of the Bands that will begin at 8 p.m. Free. 1008 Brown Street.
2. Midsummer Day at the Katonah Museum of Art on Sunday, July 27 from noon to 8 p.m.
Learn everything there is to know about Icelandic culture. Meet Icelandic horses, learn how to make a glass terrarium of indigenous plants, try their arts and crafts, hear their sagas, dance to their music and even sample their food and drink. $15 for members, $20 for non-members. 134 Jay Street.
3. Christian Federico Memorial Softball Tournament at Redmond Field in Yonkers on Saturday, July 26 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
This softball event, which raises thousands of dollars for a scholarship, was established in memory of Christian Federico - an Ossining football and baseball player who died while jogging in 2010. The event will feature a tournament, men’s and women’s games, a picnic and raffles that will offer prizes contributed by businesses throughout the county. 135 Cook Avenue.
4. Fifth Annual Ossining Summer Fest on Saturday, July 26 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Enjoy live music and back to back entertainment featuring artists, dancers and more at Ossining Summer Fest. Salsa under the Stars with a live band begins at 9 p.m. Refreshments will be provided by diverse food vendors, along with a craft beer and wine garden. Children's entertainment will be provided, along with special activities, rides and prizes. Free. 100 Main Street.
5. Cheese-Making 101 at Hilltop Hanover Farm in Yorktown on Saturday, July 26 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Join cheese-guru Carol Lakes, owner of SimpleCheeseMaking.com, for a hands-on workshop on the art of cheese-making. Learn everything you need to know to start making your own cheese from scratch. Registration is required; $20 per person, $5 per child ages 8-12. Call (914) 962-2368 or register online.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading this weekend and why in the comments below.
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 3 Owner Plans To Sell 1 Pepsi Way With PepsiCo's Move Out Of Somers
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York