SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Chamber of Commerce will celebrate its 2014 Citizens of the Year on Thursday, May 22, at the Villa Barone in Mahopac.
The event will be held from 6-9 p.m. The Villa Barone is at 466 Route 6, Suite 2, Mahopac.
Honorees are The Somers Lions Club, Fred Whipple and Theresa Reda.
The Somers Lions Club was chartered in 1966. Since that time, the club has been involved in many projects that have benefited the citizens of Somers and local charities.
Whipple has been a volunteer firefighter for 54 years, including the last 48 years as a volunteer in Somers.
For 26 years, Theresa Reda, a Somers Central School District K-5 social worker who is in charge of administering the free and reduced-price meal plan for students, has been instrumental in organizing the effort to provide assistance to these families during the holidays.
Tickets for the event are $75 per person, or $70 per person for a table of 10.
Parties of 10 or more should send checks payable to:
SCOC, P.O Box 602, Somers, NY 10598.
For parties of fewer than 10, click here http://somerschamber.com/events/viewevent?id=53 to register for this event
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 276-3904.
- 1 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Yorktown Man Charged With Shoplifting Thermometers
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern