SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Historical Society held an Independence Day celebration that featured Belgian draft horses at the Wright Reis Homestead, oxen demonstrations, pie-eating contests and many other activities on June 30.
The draft horses walked down to Reis Park and did a little demonstration there, as well.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Somers Fireworks Postponed Until Sunday