SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Library will exhibit a collection of fabric pictures from photographs by Anita B. Sklar throughout August.
Sklar was born in Berlin and migrated to Heiden, Switzerland, at the age of 3. At 13, she came to New York with her mother. She learned sewing in Switzerland and took many art classes at a New York City high school.
She developed a professional modeling career at the age of 50. Eileen Ford recruited Sklar to join her Ford Classics Division. While in her 40s, Sklar's interest in sewing propelled her to create fabric hanging portraits of family members. This interest eventually evolved into her talent that will be displayed at the exhibit. Her talented son-in-law creates Photoshop images for her from original photographs.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Somers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Somers
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Somers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer