SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Library will exhibit a collection of fabric pictures from photographs by Anita B. Sklar throughout August.
Sklar was born in Berlin and migrated to Heiden, Switzerland, at the age of 3. At 13, she came to New York with her mother. She learned sewing in Switzerland and took many art classes at a New York City high school.
She developed a professional modeling career at the age of 50. Eileen Ford recruited Sklar to join her Ford Classics Division. While in her 40s, Sklar's interest in sewing propelled her to create fabric hanging portraits of family members. This interest eventually evolved into her talent that will be displayed at the exhibit. Her talented son-in-law creates Photoshop images for her from original photographs.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust