SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Library will exhibit a collection of fabric pictures from photographs by Anita B. Sklar throughout August.
Sklar was born in Berlin and migrated to Heiden, Switzerland, at the age of 3. At 13, she came to New York with her mother. She learned sewing in Switzerland and took many art classes at a New York City high school.
She developed a professional modeling career at the age of 50. Eileen Ford recruited Sklar to join her Ford Classics Division. While in her 40s, Sklar's interest in sewing propelled her to create fabric hanging portraits of family members. This interest eventually evolved into her talent that will be displayed at the exhibit. Her talented son-in-law creates Photoshop images for her from original photographs.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Somers Skies Sunday
- 2 Downed Tree, Wires Cause Closure Of Route 118
- 3 Somers Soccer Star Named College Player Of The Week
- 4 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions