SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Library will be giving Somers teens and tweens the opportunity to make an impact on their library and their community through participation in the Somers Library Teen Advisory Group.
The first meeting will be held on Monday, Feb. 9, from 3:15-4:30 p.m. with bimonthly meetings on Mondays.
The Somers Library TAG will work with the teen librarian and the library staff to:
- Develop and host teen programs at the Somers Library.
- Make recommendations on books to be added to the teen book collection.
- Inform peers about library events.
- Create book reviews for peers.
The Somers Library TAG offers Somers teens and tweens the following opportunities:
- To acquire volunteer hours (one-two meetings per month plus helping with monthly teen programs).
- To acquire a leadership role in this group (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, etc.).
- To work with adults and peers on a common goal and to serve the Somers community in a fun and exciting way.
This group is offered to Somers teens and tweens ages 12-18. Teens are asked to attend the first meeting on Monday, Feb. 9.
Registration is required. To register, call Tara Ferretti at 914-232 5717, email firstname.lastname@example.org or register online at www.somerslibrary.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.