SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Library will be holding a four-part art workshop for adults, "Fundamentals Of Charcoal Drawing," throughout January and the beginning of February.
The classes will be given by Professor Mark A. Cassata. The workshop will provide opportunity to explore the expressive quality of the charcoal medium in both pencil and stick form.
The classes will be held on Mondays on Jan. 6, Jan. 13, Jan. 27, and Feb. 3. All classes will take place from noon until 2 p.m. in the program room and is sponsored by The Friends of Somers Library.
Space in the class is limited and the following materials are required:
• 14" x 17” or 18" x 24” heavyweight drawing pad (medium surface)
• Drawing board with metal clips
• 1 box Windsor & Newton vine charcoal (12 sticks medium or soft)
• 1 box conte compressed charcoal
• 1 General's charcoal pencil kit OR 2 Prang paper-wrapped charcoal pencils (soft)
• Erasers: 2 kneaded rubber and 1 art gum
• X-Acto knife
• Art storage box
• Krylon workable fixative (optional)
• 14" x 17" newsprint pad (optional)
For more information, and to register please click here.
- 1 Marijuana License Awarded To Katonah-Based Etain
- 2 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 3 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 4 Somers Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Billionaire Yorktown Resident, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies