SOMERS, N.Y. -- The John F. Kennedy High School in Somers will host the Northern Star Quilters’ Guild’s 35th Annual Quilt Show in May.
The two-day event on Saturday, May 3 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, May 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., includes an exhibition of traditional and art quilts, lectures by Sue Nickels and Mark Lipinski, an invitational exhibit of modern quilts by Cherri House, demonstrations, a silent auction of small wall hangings, and over 30 vendors.
Raffle prizes include a beautiful quilt made by the members, with proceeds to benefit the charity “Abilities Beyond Disabilities”.
For more information, including parking and directions to John F. Kennedy High School, which is at 54 Route 138 in Somers, visit the quilter's guild website: northernstarquilters.com/quiltshow/2014-quilt-show
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Community Rallies To Help Twins Who Lost Mother, Somers' Terry Less
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Somers; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Devastating Mahopac Falls House Fire Ruled Accidental
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Somers