SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Relay For Life of Somers kick-off party is set to begin at 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27, at Somerfields, 325 Route 100 in Somers.
"In the fight against cancer, silence is the last thing we need," representatives said. "Relay For Life of Somers is a great place to take action and make noise. The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement symbolizes hope and our shared goal to end a disease that threatens the lives of so many people we love."
Eight teams and 15 participants have raised $2,880.93, representatives said. Residents can either join an existing team or start a new team by visiting the group's Facebook page. To RSVP to the kick-off party, email Sarah McCannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Mahopac Man Who Owns 3 Pet Stores Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Somers
- 4 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority