SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Relay For Life of Somers kick-off party is set to begin at 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27, at Somerfields, 325 Route 100 in Somers.
"In the fight against cancer, silence is the last thing we need," representatives said. "Relay For Life of Somers is a great place to take action and make noise. The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement symbolizes hope and our shared goal to end a disease that threatens the lives of so many people we love."
Eight teams and 15 participants have raised $2,880.93, representatives said. Residents can either join an existing team or start a new team by visiting the group's Facebook page. To RSVP to the kick-off party, email Sarah McCannon at email@example.com.
- 1 Somers PepsiCo Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 4 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 5 Bedford Hills Teen Accused Of Defacing Historic Clock Tower