SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Relay For Life of Somers kick-off party is set to begin at 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27, at Somerfields, 325 Route 100 in Somers.
"In the fight against cancer, silence is the last thing we need," representatives said. "Relay For Life of Somers is a great place to take action and make noise. The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement symbolizes hope and our shared goal to end a disease that threatens the lives of so many people we love."
Eight teams and 15 participants have raised $2,880.93, representatives said. Residents can either join an existing team or start a new team by visiting the group's Facebook page. To RSVP to the kick-off party, email Sarah McCannon at email@example.com.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 5 Somers State Police Charge Woman With DWI At I-684 Stop