SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Relay For Life of Somers kick-off party is set to begin at 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27, at Somerfields, 325 Route 100 in Somers.
"In the fight against cancer, silence is the last thing we need," representatives said. "Relay For Life of Somers is a great place to take action and make noise. The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement symbolizes hope and our shared goal to end a disease that threatens the lives of so many people we love."
Eight teams and 15 participants have raised $2,880.93, representatives said. Residents can either join an existing team or start a new team by visiting the group's Facebook page. To RSVP to the kick-off party, email Sarah McCannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says