DANBURY, Conn. -- A rare white deer was filmed grazing in Danbury this week by resident Shelley Lowell.
Lowell posted the video on YouTube and filmed the deer in her backyard. She said she put some cracked corn for the animal to graze on while she filmed.
A story in Danbury Patch said the doe appears to be a piebald deer, according to Andrew LaBonte, a wildlife biologist for the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. He said piebald deer are about 1 percent to 2 percent of the deer population and can have a range of white fur.
- 1 Somers Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Somers
- 3 Police Issue 75 Tickets In Distracted Driving Detail On I-684
- 4 Accidents Reported On Route 100 In Somers, Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow