SOMERS, N.Y. – Summer vacations are a great way to have fun with the family, but dog owners might not know where to place their dogs while away. Some options include a boarding kennel, a vet’s office, a board and train program or having friends or family watch your dog while you’re gone.
Steve Reid, owner and certified dog trainer of Somers-based S.R. Dog Training suggests, “Whatever option you choose, make sure you provide your dog’s caregiver with detailed medication instructions, feeding schedule, and any other important considerations.”
Reid’s boarding offers personalized care for dogs in addition to training. “A dog in my board and train program resides with me in my home. They receive training, multiple walks and play sessions each day. They deserve to have my undivided attention, they are not just a number,” says Reid.
Here are some things owners should consider when choosing a place to leave their dogs:
- Do you want your dog in a home setting or a kennel/cage?
- Do you want your dog to receive obedience training while you are away?
- Is the environment clean/sanitary?
- Will your dog receive detailed attention and play time?
- 1 State Police Charge Two During DWI Checkpoint In Somers
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 5 Four Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Mohegan Lake Park