WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Westchester County ranks number 15 in U.S. News & World Report’s list of America's 50 Healthiest Counties for Kids 2014-15.
The rankings are developed with data from the University of Wisconsin’s Population Health Institute, which evaluates U.S. health information as part of its County Health Rankings and Roadmaps program.
The national county-level report compiles data and shows how health factors and the environment affect children younger than 18. The report showcases counties that feature fewer infant deaths, fewer low birth weight babies, fewer deaths from injuries, fewer teen births and fewer children in poverty.
The number of children without health insurance, air quality (except for Alaska and Hawaii), rates of adult smoking, rates of adult obesity and access to physicians and exercise are also considered in the report.
View the full report here.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With DWI On I-684 In Bedford
- 2 Multiple Fire Departments Battle Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 3 Bedford Man Charged With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin In Lewisboro
- 4 It's 'Hail To The Tuskers' As Somers Celebrates Girls Soccer State Title
- 5 Fire Rips Through Somers Carport, Injures Contractor