MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The picks are in for the 40th Senate District's third annual Veterans Hall of Fame.
State Sen. Greg Ball (R,C,I-Patterson), chairman of the Senate Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs Committee, recently asked towns, villages and cities throughout his district to nominate a veteran for the Hall of Fame and nearly two dozen veterans will be inducted Nov. 21, according to a press release. Ball will help induct the veterans at a ceremony at 6 p.m. Nov. 21 at Mahopac Falls Elementary, 100 Myrtle Ave.
“I created the Veterans’ Hall of Fame to honor outstanding individuals who have nobly and selflessly served the United States of America," Ball said in the release. "Nominated by their communities, these heroic men and women have pursued a distinguished path in both their military and civilian lives, demonstrating admirable qualities and reaching great achievements worthy of this recognition. These extraordinary veterans devoted their lives to a cause greater than one’s self, nobly dedicating themselves to preserving the safety and freedom of the American people through acts of courage, honor and integrity.”
Veterans honored at the ceremony will all be included on a traveling wall that is set to tour local municipalities and schools, according to the release.
The complete list of the 3rd Annual Veterans Hall of Fame Nominees, according to the release, includes:
- Beekman: Lt. Col. Gerald Richardson
- Brewster: Staff Sgt. Steven Mattson
- Buchanan: Chief Fire Controlman Ralph Anderson
- Buchanan: Corporal Joseph Occhipinti
- Carmel: Yeoman 3rd Class Yvonne Rustico
- Carmel: Capt. Edmund Francis Duncan (Posthumously)
- Cortlandt: Fire Control 3rd Class George Price
- Croton-On-Hudson: Gunners Mate 3rd Class Joseph Turturro
- Hawthorne: Sgt. E-5 Joseph Tanzi
- Kent: Staff Sgt. Charles Conno
- Lewisboro: Private First Class Daniel Sant
- Mahopac: Specialist 4th Class Charles Monte
- Mt. Kisco: Corporal John Hvisch
- Mt. Pleasant: Petty Officer Ronald Rose
- Mt. Pleasant: Corporal Edmund Burke
- North Salem: Sgt. Andrew Sandor
- Patterson: Sgt. Anthony Nacerino
- Pawling: Sgt. Michael Kelly
- Peekskill: Corporal Charles Wassil, Jr.
- Pleasantville: Capt. Scott Elliott
- Putnam Valley: Specialist Laurence Gibbs
- Somers: Private First Class Nicholas Lapenna
- Yorktown: Sgt. Dimitri Sywyk
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Somers
- 3 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 4 Marijuana License Awarded To Katonah-Based Etain
- 5 Somers Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night