SOMERS, N.Y. - Wet weather may have washed away the outdoor mad scramble for eggs Saturday, but it couldn't dampen the spirits of families who turned out at Reis Park for some Easter fun.
"I'm just happy they're having it," said Lauren Stellwagen, who brought her daughter, Caitlyn, 6, who was decked out with bunny ears and an Easter dress. "As a mom, I'm happy that it's inside."
Sponsored by the Somers Lions Club, Somers Senior Citizens Club and the Somers Department of Parks and Recreation, the annual Egg Hunt usually attracts between 300-500 children but the rain kept those numbers down and forced everyone inside for a photo op with "Cottontail the Bunny" and a bag of candy.
Susan Ball said her son, Ryan, 3, woke up at 5 a.m. with anticipation of getting a chance to meet the Easter Bunny for the first time.
"Rain can't stop the Easter Bunny," Ball said. "We're so appreciative that they do this. It's a nice treat."
Marci Goldin, who has been coming to the event for the last four years with daughter Kaitlin Mantis, 6, echoed those sentiments.
"We're just happy they have it. We wore rain gear," she said. "It's for the kids. The Somers Lions Club does a great job."
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 5 Somers State Police Charge Woman With DWI At I-684 Stop