SOMERS, N.Y. - Save your appetite. Hudson Valley Restaurant Week is here.
The event has been so popular in the past that it has expanded into a two-week celebration, beginning March 18 and ending March 31. Participating restaurants in the mid and lower Hudson Valley will offer special three-course dinner menus for $29.95 (plus beverage, tax and gratuity). Many will also offer three-course lunches for $20.95 (plus beverage, tax and gratuity).
Participating local restaurants include:
- Somers long-time favorite, Le Fontane , will offer a selection of its traditional southern Italian dishes on a special restaurant week menu. Appetizers include baked clams, stuffed artichoke and stuffed eggplant. Entrees include linguini pescatore, homemade ravioli and seafood adriatico. The special menu is available every day except Mondays. The restaurant is closed on Mondays.
- Also on Route 100, the recently opened Mamma Rosa has an extensive menu of continental Italian dishes on special offer, including veal bocconcino, branzino marechiara, risotto primavera and wild mushroom ravioli. The setting is new, but the chef/owner, Fortunato Multari, is the former owner of Armonks long-lived Onda Blu. The restaurant is closed on Mondays.
- Somers 202 in Granite Springs will offer its eclectic American cuisine at special prices only at dinnertime and not on Fridays or Saturdays. The menu is extensive and includes burgers, sandwiches, meat and fish entrees and brick oven pizza. The restaurant is proud of its wine selection and also serves a variety of martinis, beers and other spirits.
- Also in Granite Springs, you will find Traditions 118 , specializing in a large variety of American and Italian cuisines. Lunch is served Tuesday through Friday. Dinner is served seven nights a week. The special menu will be served at lunch and dinnertime, excluding Saturdays.
- Ramiros 954 in Mahopac was labeled, Dont miss! by The New York Times. The elegant but moderately priced menu is contemporary Nuevo Latino and is built on local ingredients and sustainable farming. The special restaurant week menu starts on Tuesday, March 20 and excludes Saturdays. The restaurant is closed on Mondays.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.