SOMERS, N.Y. – David N. Rahni of Somers has been named Interim Associate Provost for Academic Affairs at Pace University.
Rahni, a professor of chemistry at Pace, says his role will include enhancing academic programs, overseeing faculty development and supervising the university’s library system.
Rahni holds a B.S. degree from the National University of Iran, an M.S. from Eastern New Mexico University and a Ph.D. from the University of New Orleans.
His academic and professional credits include teaching and lecturing at Harvard, New York Medical College, CUNY’s Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, Oxford University, the IBM Watson Research Center and the Ciba-Geigy Research Division.
He has conducted symposiums on forensic advances in homeland security and counter-terrorism and is on the editorial board of Forensic Science Communications, a publication of the FBI.
In describing his objectives for his new role, Rahni said he intends to display, “an open door policy, a good set of ears and a good heart, promising less and delivering more to the pleasant surprise of everyone.”
He added that the job, “also requires remaining active in team teaching and collaborative research, treating everyone with respect, telling the truth, and always exhibiting high ethical and moral values.”
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd