SOMERS, N.Y. – The Somers Newcomers and Neighbors Club recently kicked off its fall season with a dinner at Le Fontane.
Members of the club talked about the various interest groups, such as cooking, theater, gardening and children’s play, to name a few, and shared stories about why they joined the group and the unseen rewards that were in store.
“I had just moved to Somers and didn’t know anyone,” said Kirstin Grant. “I heard about the Newcomers and Neighbors Club when I saw a sign outside the Elephant Hotel. My mother encouraged me to go to a group gathering, and I’m so glad I did. I’ve made many good friends.”
Originally known as the Somers Newcomers Club, the organization expanded to include neighbors because so many newcomers wanted to continue meeting the friends they had made and enjoying the events the club sponsors. Now all women residents of Somers are invited to join. Sometimes there are couples’ events as well.
The club publishes monthly newsletters, holds monthly themed meetings, supports interest groups and is involved in community activities. Membership dues are $35 per year. For more information go to www.thesnnc.org or email email@example.com.
- 1 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans