SOMERS, N.Y. Here are some ideas for celebrating St. Patrick's Day in and around Somers.
- Somerfields at the Somerstown Center will serve corned beef and cabbage, shepherds pie and grilled salmon on Friday and Saturday, starting at 5 p.m. Plus entertainer Hugh Devlin will play everyones favorite Irish tunes.
- Lincolndales new Lovell Street Grill and Alehouse is serving corned beef and cabbage, Guinness and Killians specials, and green beer in addition to its usual 14 beers on draft. Irish dancers will pop in for some step dancing, and bagpipers will complete the atmosphere.
- The Claddagh Bar and Grill in Mahopac will offer its usual Irish dishes, including shepherds pie, Irish beef stew, Irish sausages and mash served with fried onions, imported Donegal fish and chips, and, on the menu at all times of day, an Irish breakfast consisting of two eggs, Irish sausage, Irish bacon, black and white pudding, fried tomatoes, and french fries. In honor of St. Patrick, beer specials will be offered and Irish music will provide the entertainment.
- Murphys in Yorktown Heights will host Irish dancers and pipers about 5 p.m. The evenings fare will include shepherds pie, bangers and mash, braised lamb shank, and fish and chips, plus the usual menu.
- Mahopacs Route 6 Bistrant will feature corned beef and cabbage, corned beef on thick-cut rye bread with fries, bangers and mash, shepherds pie, fish and chips, and Irish chicken and dumplings. Among the burger specials are the 3-Ton Jack, the Bib Burger and Paddys Favorite with Irish Bacon and Cheddar.
- Croton Falls Whos Cooking will prepare a case full of Irish takeout dishes for the weekend. They include corned beef and cabbage, boiled potatoes, green mashed potatoes, shepherds pie, potato leek soup, Irish soda bread, boiled carrots with dill and butter, grilled Atlantic salmon, and bread pudding with whiskey. The dishes will be available Friday and Saturday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.