YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown High School senior Kayla Lonergan, 18, will be competing as a finalist in the 2014 Miss New York Teen USA Pageant.
The pageant will be held at the Purchase College Performing Arts Center in Harrison from Jan. 17-19.
Lonergan is the captain of the cheerleading squad at Yorktown High School and a member of the National Honor Society.
Lonergan was crowned Miss Hudson Valley Teen 2014 at the Miss Westchester & Miss Hudson Valley Pageants last August. In addition to preparing for the State competition, Lonergan has spent the past five months participating in charitable events, visiting patients in children’s and veterans’ hospitals and making personal appearances in parades and at community events.
Each Miss New York Teen USA contestant will compete in swimsuit, evening gown and personal interview. The winner will represent New York State at the national Miss New York Teen USA Pageant later this year.
Tickets for the Preliminary Competition on Saturday, Jan. 18 at 6 p.m. and the Final Show on Sunday, Jan. 19 at 3 p.m. can be purchased through the Purchase College Performing Arts Center Box Office at 914-251-6200 or online.
Prices are $50-$75 for the Preliminary Competition and $65-95 for the Final Show.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 5 Somers Town Board Supports Sidewalk Initiative