SOMERS, N.Y. – Nearly 4,500 Somers customers remained without power Sunday morning as thousands of out-of-state crews moved into Westchester to pitch in with outage restoration.
An estimated 4,473 out of 9,087 New York State Energy and Gas customers were without power in Somers at 6:30 a.m. Sunday.
NYSEG reported the vast majority of its customers would have power restored by midnight Sunday, with remaining customers restored by midnight on Nov. 7. Approximately 16,960 customers out of 32,524 total customers served by NYSEG in Westchester were out of power as of 6:30 a.m. Sunday, down from 25,425 Saturday morning.
“We appreciate our customers’ patience as we work to restore power safely, and as quickly as possible,” said Mark Lynch, president, NYSEG and RG&E. “We understand the frustration of being without electricity and are using all possible resources to hasten this process without sacrificing safety.”
NYSEG customers can go to the company’s website or call 1.800.572.1131 for local estimated times of restoration.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Somers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Somers Man Charged With Disorderly Conduct Charge By Yorktown Cops
- 4 Halloween Parade Draws Large Crowd To Downtown Somers
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester