SOMERS, N.Y. -- Comcast Business announced that its full portfolio of Ethernet services are now available across 10 New York towns and villages in Putnam, Dutchess and Westchester counties.
Capable of bandwidth up to 10 Gigabits-per-second (Gbps), these services are specifically designed for businesses, schools, hospitals and other organizations requiring more bandwidth, looking to network multiple locations together, or planning to connect their offices to a third-party data center.
With this expansion, the communities of Beekman, Brewster, Carmel, Kent, Patterson, Pawling (town and village), Putnam Valley, Somers and Southeast can now take advantage of four different types of Comcast Business Ethernet services:
- Ethernet Private Line – point-to-point connectivity between two customer sites for bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Ethernet Virtual Private Line – a point-to-multipoint connection that allows customers to tailor bandwidth, performance characteristics and cost to meet the needs of their applications.
- Ethernet Network Service – multipoint-to-multipoint connectivity to connect organizations with high-bandwidth requirements and multiple locations across Comcast’s network.
- Ethernet Dedicated Internet – continuous, high-bandwidth connectivity between customers’ LANs and the public Internet.
“Whether it’s a hospital transferring large radiology files, a police department looking to monitor surveillance video feeds in real-time, or a library needing more Wi-Fi capacity, bandwidth is increasingly becoming the engine driving all businesses,” said Charlie Tzoumas, vice president of Comcast Business in New York.
“Our fiber expansion in these ten communities is the latest example of the significant investments we’ve made to increase the availability of our Ethernet services to help foster economic development and drive competition, innovation and value for our customers.”
- 1 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Somers
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported Near Route 138 In Goldens Bridge