SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers last week:
- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Mahopac man with aggravated driving while intoxicated at a Carmel-area business on Friday, July 4, officials said.
- Route 35 was closed at Lincolndale Road in Somers due to fallen wires on trees Wednesday morning, July 9.
- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent, according to capitalnewyork.com.
- Several incidents involving downed trees and disabled vehicles caused delays on Westchester County roadways Wednesday morning, July 9.
- A truck that rolled onto train tracks and caught fire led to a disruption in Metro-North train traffic, an MTA spokeswoman confirmed.
- Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10 exciting places to live in New York, according to a report by Movoto.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.