SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers last week:
- An 83-year-old Somers man committed suicide by shooting himself, a New York State Police spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday.
- Stephen R. Bauer, a 19-year-old Granite Springs resident , was arrested by Yorktown police on charges of criminal mischief and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
- Somers High School Principal Mark Bayer participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge toward the end of the school's assembly for the new school year. Students were involved in preparing for the soaking.
- Chester H. Babbin of Somers, an executive vice president at Merrill Lynch for more than 50 years and lieutenant in the U.S. Navy who served during the Korean War, died.
- A 15-year-old Pleasantville girl who drove a 2001 Chevrolet Suburban that overturned and killed three boys in Lake Ariel in Bucks County, Pa., is facing criminal charges, according to LoHud.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.