SOMERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers this week:
- Westchester County Board of Legislators (BOL) Chairman Michael Kaplowitz of Somers, (Democrat, District 4) and Vice Chairman James Maisano, (Republican, District 11) announced the committee leadership for 2014-15 on Thursday.
- A North Salem therapist pleaded guilty on Thursday, Jan. 9 to charges of sexually abusing two of his patients, according to a statement released by Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
- Snow days have been frequent this winter, and school superintendents say a lot of time and effort goes into determining whether or not to delay or close for the day.
- Fight to end texting while driving, gains steam in Westchester.
- 1 State Police Charge Two During DWI Checkpoint In Somers
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 5 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip