SOMERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers this week:
- Westchester County Board of Legislators (BOL) Chairman Michael Kaplowitz of Somers, (Democrat, District 4) and Vice Chairman James Maisano, (Republican, District 11) announced the committee leadership for 2014-15 on Thursday.
- A North Salem therapist pleaded guilty on Thursday, Jan. 9 to charges of sexually abusing two of his patients, according to a statement released by Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
- Snow days have been frequent this winter, and school superintendents say a lot of time and effort goes into determining whether or not to delay or close for the day.
- Fight to end texting while driving, gains steam in Westchester.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Somers
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester