SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers this week:
- Former Somers Supervisor Mary Beth Murphy was recently appointed the new executive director of the Westchester County Tax Commission , according to Westchester County Business Journal.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- A 26-year-old Florida man, Patrick Smith, has been sentenced to 25 years to life for a murder that occurred in North Salem .
- A Katonah hardware store reported to police that an employee stole about $50,000 in cash during a four-month period, Bedford police said.
- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Pleasantville woman with aggravated driving while intoxicated , according to police officials.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.