CROTON FALLS, N.Y. -- Work on the new Croton Falls firehouse could start in the fall, according to the Fire Department's latest newsletter.
"Our construction documents were completed in early July. A contractor's walk-through was held, bids were solicited and received," the newsletter states. "We are currently in the process of evaluating those bids and qualifying bidders. Our working schedule anticipates that we will complete the construction team in September and begin major construction activities in the Fall."
The newsletter update also notes that approvals have been received and permits were applied for. Additionally, the space was used for training.
"With pre-construction activities complete, we have been able to use the building over the summer for training exercises. Our firematic activities have the extra benefit of demolishing outmoded walls and ceilings at no cost to the fire district."
The site's building, which is near the Route 22 intersection and the interchange with Interstate 684, was a Verizon facility.
- 1 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Somers
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported Near Route 138 In Goldens Bridge