SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Friends of the Somers Library is kicking off its annual membership drive.
The group provides funds to the Somers Library through membership dues, donations and book sales. The Friends of the Somers Library was formed in 1979.
"With the contributions of the community, the Friends have funded many of the programs that are hosted at the library, including educational classes for children, teens, and adults, as well as entertainment and musical events," representatives said.
The group hosted more than a dozen events in 2013, including the plays "God of Carnage" and "Guilt and Gelt for the Holidays"; workshops on seed saving; watercolor basics; public speaking; the Sunday Concert Series; babysitting classes; story times; and other events.
"The Friends have also provided financial support to the library for purchases of large print books, express books, movie licenses, new e-readers, snacks and reward incentives for the children’s programs and funding for the library’s new seed lending program," representatives said.
Annual dues are $20. Membership forms can be picked up at the Somers Library, or residents can send checks to Friends of the Somers Library, P.O. Box 443, Somers, NY 10589.
- 1 Mahopac Man Who Owns 3 Pet Stores Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Somers
- 4 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority