SOMERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers this week:
- A two-alarm fire engulfed part of the Goldens Bridge fire station, but a quick-thinking volunteer saved some of the station's equipment. The blaze was ruled accidental.
- Somers 202 is the latest Westchester restaurant to appear on the Food Network reality show "Restaurant Stakeout."
- Somers' St. Luke's Church is opening a food pantry to help serve the community.
- A recent study by TRIP, a national transportation research group said that deficient roads and bridges throughout New York State costs motorists an additional $20.3 billion statewide annually due to higher vehicle operating costs, traffic crashes and congestion-related delays.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Police Investigate Assault With Baseball Bat In Yorktown
- 3 Route 35 Reopens After Downed Tree, Wires Lead To Closure
- 4 Mahopac Father Who Allegedly Hit Coach Faces New Charge
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says