YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- The American Cancer Society's Golf Out Cancer event scheduled for Monday, May 12, still has openings for golfers and nongolfers to help the cause.
Kara Schwartz, a novice golfer herself, organized the first Golf Out Cancer, which will be hosted by Putnam County Golf Course in Mahopac.
"We have a goal of 120 players and are still looking for more for the Relay for Life's Team Flop Girl," Schwartz said. "We invite everyone to come out for a fun day or to contribute."
The event is open to all players and supports the American Cancer Society. The outing features a hole-in-one contest, with the first prize being a car from Park Ford of Mahopac. There will also be longest drive and closest-to-the-pin contests.
The day includes 18 holes of golf, a cart, range balls, breakfast, a course lunch and an awards dinner barbecue at The Club.
The contribution is $130 for a single Player, $260 for two, $390 for three or $520 per foursome.
To register for the day or to contribute, log on to the Golf Out Cancer page.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With DWI On I-684 In Bedford
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 3 It's 'Hail To The Tuskers' As Somers Celebrates Girls Soccer State Title
- 4 Bedford Man Charged With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin In Lewisboro
- 5 Man Is Shot By Fellow Hunter After Killing Deer Near Putnam County