SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers last week:
- The Community YMCA of Northern Westchester received a $3,000 grant from Precor to support efforts to help children in upper Westchester live healthier lives through implementation of Healthy Eating and Physical Activity (HEPA) standards in the Y’s early childhood and after-school programs.
- A Bedford woman is being charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle following a rollover, according to Bedford Police Lt. Jeffrey Dickan.
- Northbound I-684 in Bedford reopened after a multi-vehicle accident resulted in its closure for nearly an hour on Wednesday afternoon.
- Through an attorney, the Bedford Central School District has responded to a recent lawsuit filed on behalf of a fired Fox Lane High School teacher who wondered about a governmental conspiracy in the Newtown school shooting.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Somers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Somers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Somers FD Supports Mahopac Falls Colleagues Battling Blaze
- 5 Somers Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester