WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The heaviest rain that produced as much as 5 inches of rain has moves out of the area -- but scattered showers could still linger in Westchester, according to the National Weather Service.
Nevertheless, much of the county started seeing peaks of sunshine at around noon time Thursday right as a flood watch and dense fog advisory expired.
Small streams and some larger rivers remain at the flood stage.
Thursday's temperatures will soar close to 70 degrees with some scattered showers and possible thunderstorms in the area. Some of the storms could produce more heavy rainfall, according to the forecast.
Any rain will move out on Thursday night with a pleasant weekend expected with highs in the low to mid-60's.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 5 Somers State Police Charge Woman With DWI At I-684 Stop