SOMERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers this week:
- Heroin continues to be a problem throughout Westchester County and the Hudson Valley as the drug was found inside the faculty bathroom of an elementary school in Sullivan County, according to multiple reports.
- A Cortlandt Manor man, Richard Dinizo, 55, was sentenced to 25-years-to-life after pleading guilty to three counts of predatory sexual assault, according to a statement released by the Westchester County District Attorney's office.
- A North Salem family therapist who also had an office in Bronxville was sentenced to five years in state prison for sexually abusing two patients.
- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice knocked his fiancee unconscious in the Saturday, Feb. 15 that led to both of their arrests, according to The Baltimore Sun.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 New York Proposes Hunting Season Changes