YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Assemblyman Steve Katz (R,C,I – Yorktown) stated his support and agreement with the Compassionate Care Act for New York State and the move that brings New York closer to implementing the legalization of marijuana for medical use.
“I'm glad we were able to seize the national momentum with the dedicated activists who descended on the Capitol for this final push for the Compassionate Care Act,” said Katz. “This should not have had to wait another year. Many people can benefit from cannabinoid treatments, and those afflicted deserve the benefit to be treated with all necessary and available remedies. I am proud to have been a part of this effort to modernize our state's medical treatments, and I look forward to continuing to raise awareness and perfect our state's medical marijuana laws.”
- 1 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 Report: Westchester HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach