YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- KISS guitarist Paul "Ace" Frehley is thanking firefighters and police after a fire burned in his barn on Spring Valley Road on Saturday, Dec. 14.
The electrical fire was caused by a tree falling on the wires in the backyard and shorting out the fuse box. The fuse box heated up the internal wiring in the walls and started the fire, according to a post Frehley wrote on his Facebook page.
"I'm very thankful that no one was hurt!" Frehley wrote on Facebook. "The fire department and police did a great job, and I'm very grateful to them for all of their help and courage in this matter. ... Job well done!"
The building once served as a recording studio and later was converted into a residence, according to LoHud. It has few windows, making it difficult for firefighters to battle the blaze, which primarily was found on the second floor, according to LoHud.
Tankers, a Yorktown volunteer ambulance crew and firefighters from Ossining, Buchanan, Somers, Millwood, Croton-on-Hudson, Pocantico Hills, Katonah and others assisted on scene, according to LoHud.
According to a News 12 report, Frehley was at his home in California when the fire occurred and watch the blaze from surveillance cameras, according to the report.
The house is currently in the foreclosure process according to LoHud. The single-family home has a full market value of $541,516, though Frehley took out a $735,000 mortgage in 2006 to buy it, assessment records show.
Lenders initiated a foreclosure on the house in Westchester County Court this year, and it appears to be ongoing. Frehley also is listed as the owner of nearby 1363 Spring Valley Road.