SOMERS, N.Y. – Here comes the first Monday of September or, for the 130th year in America’s history, the day dedicated to the social and economic achievements of America’s workers. It is Labor Day.
Labor Day is a federal holiday. As usual, banks, government offices, the stock market, schools, post offices and libraries will be closed. Garbage normally collected Monday will be collected Tuesday.
Larger retail establishments, such as Baldwin Place's Stop & Shop, CVS and 7-Eleven, will be open. Somers Wine & Spirits, King Kone and Harvest Moon & Orchard in North Salem also will be open. Somers Custom Framing and the Katonah Nursery will be closed.
Restaurants ordinarily open Mondays, such as Muscoot Tavern, will be open.
Somers schools open Wednesday.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Somers Skies Sunday
- 2 Downed Tree, Wires Cause Closure Of Route 118
- 3 Somers Soccer Star Named College Player Of The Week
- 4 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions