SOMERS, N.Y. – Here comes the first Monday of September or, for the 130th year in America’s history, the day dedicated to the social and economic achievements of America’s workers. It is Labor Day.
Labor Day is a federal holiday. As usual, banks, government offices, the stock market, schools, post offices and libraries will be closed. Garbage normally collected Monday will be collected Tuesday.
Larger retail establishments, such as Baldwin Place's Stop & Shop, CVS and 7-Eleven, will be open. Somers Wine & Spirits, King Kone and Harvest Moon & Orchard in North Salem also will be open. Somers Custom Framing and the Katonah Nursery will be closed.
Restaurants ordinarily open Mondays, such as Muscoot Tavern, will be open.
Somers schools open Wednesday.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Mahopac Father Who Allegedly Hit Coach Faces New Charge
- 4 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Pornography Charges
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed