WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An 18-year-old Shrub Oak man was arrested and charged by Yorktown Police after he was accused of having a BB gun at Lakeland High School on Thursday, June 19.
The man has been charged with unlawful possession of a weapon upon school grounds, a violation. Due to his eligibility for youthful offender status, police did not release his name.
At 7:44 p.m., police were conducting an undercover drug enforcement investigation when they observed a man waving a gun around in the Lakeland High School parking lot according to a statement issued by police.
The man was stopped by Officer Daniel Kaen and police said they discovered he had a BB gun. The man was released on his own recognizance and is due back in court on July 22, police said.
- 1 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Somers
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown