MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Northern Westchester Hospital's Dr. Navid Mootabar led a surgical team that completed a robot-assisted single incision laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Mootabar is among a small number of physicians trained in performing the daVinci robot-assisted hysterectomy procedure known as Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) that enables him to remove a women’s uterus through a single one-inch incision.
The daVinci Surgical System uses a high-definition, 3D imaging system to provide a magnified view and greater visualization of the surgical site. The patient's uterus was successfully removed through a tiny incision in the belly button, which made the procedure essentially scarless.
To learn more about how Dr. Mootabar accomplished his surgery, click here.
Visit nwhc.net to learn more.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 2 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 3 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 4 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Part Of Somers To Resign
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak