WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Electric Gas, a subsidiary of Iberdrola USA, will be inspecting high-voltage power lines from low-flying helicopters across portions of Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess counties throughout this week.
“We are conducting routine inspections of our transmission facilities to help ensure safe, reliable delivery of electricity to our customers,” said Mark S. Lynch, president and CEO of NYSEG and RG&E.
“These high-voltage power lines are the backbone of our electricity delivery system. Our goal is to spot potential problems and correct them before they inconvenience our customers.”
Lynch also said that helicopters provide an excellent vantage point for quick and efficient inspection of transmission lines.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Somers Skies Sunday
- 2 Downed Tree, Wires Cause Closure Of Route 118
- 3 Somers Soccer Star Named College Player Of The Week
- 4 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions