WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Electric Gas, a subsidiary of Iberdrola USA, will be inspecting high-voltage power lines from low-flying helicopters across portions of Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess counties throughout this week.
“We are conducting routine inspections of our transmission facilities to help ensure safe, reliable delivery of electricity to our customers,” said Mark S. Lynch, president and CEO of NYSEG and RG&E.
“These high-voltage power lines are the backbone of our electricity delivery system. Our goal is to spot potential problems and correct them before they inconvenience our customers.”
Lynch also said that helicopters provide an excellent vantage point for quick and efficient inspection of transmission lines.
- 1 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case