SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers last week:
- New York State Police are searching for two suspects wanted in connection to the burglary of a Somers pizzeria, officials said.
- Motorists on I-684 had to contend with a couple of incidents that slowed down their drives on Tuesday afternoon.
- New York State Police issued 67 tickets during a speeding enforcement detail on Interstate 684 on Tuesday, Aug. 12, officials said.
- The Saks family continues to hold out hope that Indy, their missing wallaby, will return home. Sightings of Indy, who went missing from his Titicus Road home on March 21, continue to be reported to Susan and Warren Saks, who care for Indy in North Salem.
- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says