SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers last week:
- New York State Police are searching for two suspects wanted in connection to the burglary of a Somers pizzeria, officials said.
- Motorists on I-684 had to contend with a couple of incidents that slowed down their drives on Tuesday afternoon.
- New York State Police issued 67 tickets during a speeding enforcement detail on Interstate 684 on Tuesday, Aug. 12, officials said.
- The Saks family continues to hold out hope that Indy, their missing wallaby, will return home. Sightings of Indy, who went missing from his Titicus Road home on March 21, continue to be reported to Susan and Warren Saks, who care for Indy in North Salem.
- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 3 Owner Plans To Sell 1 Pepsi Way With PepsiCo's Move Out Of Somers
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York