SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Senator Greg Ball (R, C, Patterson) presented the Christiansen family of Somers with New York State Senate Proclamations on Tuesday night in recognition of their work to raise local awareness about drug abuse. The Salomone family of Mahopac was also recognized.
The two families, both of which recently lost a son to drug overdoses, were honored for hosting a series of forums titled, "Drug Crisis In Our Backyard." The purpose of the forums are to promote local awareness and provide resources and support to those individuals and their families affected by drug addiction.
"On behalf of the entire community and on behalf of the families and parents currently struggling with this horrific battle I salute these great families for their continuing efforts to raise awareness about this epidemic,” Senator Ball said in a statement.
The awards dinner was hosted by the Stephen P. Driscoll Memorial Lodge, a non-profit organization who received its charter as part of the National Fraternal Order of Police.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Somers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Somers Man Charged With Disorderly Conduct Charge By Yorktown Cops
- 4 Halloween Parade Draws Large Crowd To Downtown Somers
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester