SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Senator Greg Ball (R, C, Patterson) presented the Christiansen family of Somers with New York State Senate Proclamations on Tuesday night in recognition of their work to raise local awareness about drug abuse. The Salomone family of Mahopac was also recognized.
The two families, both of which recently lost a son to drug overdoses, were honored for hosting a series of forums titled, "Drug Crisis In Our Backyard." The purpose of the forums are to promote local awareness and provide resources and support to those individuals and their families affected by drug addiction.
"On behalf of the entire community and on behalf of the families and parents currently struggling with this horrific battle I salute these great families for their continuing efforts to raise awareness about this epidemic,” Senator Ball said in a statement.
The awards dinner was hosted by the Stephen P. Driscoll Memorial Lodge, a non-profit organization who received its charter as part of the National Fraternal Order of Police.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Somers
- 3 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported Near Route 138 In Goldens Bridge