SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Senator Greg Ball (R, C, Patterson) presented the Christiansen family of Somers with New York State Senate Proclamations on Tuesday night in recognition of their work to raise local awareness about drug abuse. The Salomone family of Mahopac was also recognized.
The two families, both of which recently lost a son to drug overdoses, were honored for hosting a series of forums titled, "Drug Crisis In Our Backyard." The purpose of the forums are to promote local awareness and provide resources and support to those individuals and their families affected by drug addiction.
"On behalf of the entire community and on behalf of the families and parents currently struggling with this horrific battle I salute these great families for their continuing efforts to raise awareness about this epidemic,” Senator Ball said in a statement.
The awards dinner was hosted by the Stephen P. Driscoll Memorial Lodge, a non-profit organization who received its charter as part of the National Fraternal Order of Police.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says