SOMERS, N.Y. -- Somers' St. Luke's Church is opening a Food Pantry to help serve the community.
The Food Pantry will open at 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28. The pantry, at 331 Route 100 in Somers, will be open from 2 to 6 p.m. on Fridays. The church is looking for several donation items for the pantry.
The following is a listing of recommended donations:
- Peanut Butter
- Dried Beans, Peas or Lentils
- Salt and Sugar
- Hearty Canned Soups
- Tomato Sauce
- Canned Meats or Stews
- Pork and Beans
- Canned or Dehydrated Fruits
- Mayonnaise, Mustard or Ketchup
- Coffee and Tea
- Cooking oils
Those needing additional information are asked to contact Saint Luke's Church at 914-277-3122 or Kathryn Casella at 914-248-5709.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say