SOMERS, N.Y. -- Somers' St. Luke's Church is opening a Food Pantry to help serve the community.
The Food Pantry will open at 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28. The pantry, at 331 Route 100 in Somers, will be open from 2 to 6 p.m. on Fridays. The church is looking for several donation items for the pantry.
The following is a listing of recommended donations:
- Peanut Butter
- Dried Beans, Peas or Lentils
- Salt and Sugar
- Hearty Canned Soups
- Tomato Sauce
- Canned Meats or Stews
- Pork and Beans
- Canned or Dehydrated Fruits
- Mayonnaise, Mustard or Ketchup
- Coffee and Tea
- Cooking oils
Those needing additional information are asked to contact Saint Luke's Church at 914-277-3122 or Kathryn Casella at 914-248-5709.
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 3 Owner Plans To Sell 1 Pepsi Way With PepsiCo's Move Out Of Somers
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield