SOMERS, N.Y. -- Somers' St. Luke's Church is opening a Food Pantry to help serve the community.
The Food Pantry will open at 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28. The pantry, at 331 Route 100 in Somers, will be open from 2 to 6 p.m. on Fridays. The church is looking for several donation items for the pantry.
The following is a listing of recommended donations:
- Peanut Butter
- Dried Beans, Peas or Lentils
- Salt and Sugar
- Hearty Canned Soups
- Tomato Sauce
- Canned Meats or Stews
- Pork and Beans
- Canned or Dehydrated Fruits
- Mayonnaise, Mustard or Ketchup
- Coffee and Tea
- Cooking oils
Those needing additional information are asked to contact Saint Luke's Church at 914-277-3122 or Kathryn Casella at 914-248-5709.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Somers Fireworks Postponed Until Sunday