SOMERS, N.Y. ‒ The following announcement was made by Somers Supervisor Mary Beth Murphy:
We have all been deeply shaken by the horrific events that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown last week.
Thursday, December 20, at 10 a.m. is the funeral for educator Anne Marie Murphy, who so valiantly tried to shield the children from harm with her own body. Anne Marie as a youth attended Kennedy Catholic High School right here in Somers.
The funeral procession will travel north on Route 100 to St. Joseph’s Cemetery in Somers. We ask that anyone who wishes to share their grief for the Murphy family and all the victims and families of Newtown join us to revere them by forming a line of honor on Route 100 as the funeral procession passes to Anne Marie’s interment at St. Joseph’s Cemetery.
We will congregate in the area of the Town Hall, Bailey Park, Bailey Court and the Somerstowne Shopping Center. Be in place before 11:15 a.m.
Please do not go down toward the cemetery. The family will need that area for the cars in the funeral procession. Our hearts and prayers remain with the Murphy framily and all those so devastatingly impacted by this tragedy.
- 1 Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 State Police Underage Drinking Detail Includes Somers
- 4 Woman In Critical Condition After I-84 Crash
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester