SOMERS, N.Y. – Somers High School running back Stefano Bicknese is The Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for November.
Bicknese helped lead the Tuskers to the Section 1 championship before Somers ultimately lost to Cornwall in the state quarterfinals. Section 1 named Bicknese as 2012 Outstanding Back for Class A League 2.
The senior rushed for 1,456 yards this season and 20 touchdowns. He averaged more than 132 rushing yards per game and ran for more than 100 yards in 10 of 11 games.
Bicknese was instrumental in the Tuskers’ success in November. He ran for 144 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries in the Somers’ section semifinal win against Harrison. The senior followed up that performance with 20 carries for 140 yards and a touchdown in Somers’ section championship win against Sleepy Hollow.
In his final performance for the Somers football team, Bicknese ran 11 times for 142 yards in a loss to Section 9 champion Cornwall.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Two Fishermen Discover Dead Body In Brewster
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Somers Voters To Decide On $86.9M School Budget, Three Board Seats