SOMERS, N.Y. – Somers High School running back Stefano Bicknese is The Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for November.
Bicknese helped lead the Tuskers to the Section 1 championship before Somers ultimately lost to Cornwall in the state quarterfinals. Section 1 named Bicknese as 2012 Outstanding Back for Class A League 2.
The senior rushed for 1,456 yards this season and 20 touchdowns. He averaged more than 132 rushing yards per game and ran for more than 100 yards in 10 of 11 games.
Bicknese was instrumental in the Tuskers’ success in November. He ran for 144 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries in the Somers’ section semifinal win against Harrison. The senior followed up that performance with 20 carries for 140 yards and a touchdown in Somers’ section championship win against Sleepy Hollow.
In his final performance for the Somers football team, Bicknese ran 11 times for 142 yards in a loss to Section 9 champion Cornwall.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 3 National Weather Service: Somers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 15-Year-Old Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School In Yorktown