SOMERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers this week:
- Somers High School is putting on a show in April to benefit Katonah's Rehabilitation Through the Arts program called Showtime In Somers.
- Property taxes would go up $167 for Somers homeowners with an average assessed value of $70,000 under the 2014-15 proposed budget for the Somers Central School District.
- Ossining's Bridges to Community has selected John Hannan of Somers as its new executive director.
- Recent sighting have given the Saks family of North Salem further hope that their missing wallaby, Indy, will be found and brought home.
- Route 6 in Cortlandt has reopened in both directions Wednesday afternoon after being closure for more than an hour.
- Westchester County Democrats have voiced their support to raise the legal age to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products to 19.
- 1 State Police Charge Two During DWI Checkpoint In Somers
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase