SOMERS, N.Y. -- Somers Middle School band members recently performed in a special show at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla.
The Somers Middle School “STAR” Fife & Drum Band members entertained guests on Feb. 17 in Magic Kingdom Park in Disney World. The students took part in the Disney Performing Arts Program.
The performers, under the direction of Steven Chetcuti, marched down Main Street, U.S.A. taking them past Cinderella Castle. The group’s performance included the song “Star Brigade," a piece written by one of the band’s own senior students. This was the group’s second visit to the resort with the Disney Performing Arts Program, having first performed in 2011.
"By being part of a special show production, the students got an inside look at what it is like to be a professional in the entertainment industry," representatives said.
Millions of performers have graced the stages of the Disney Parks in the more than 25-year history of the program.
For more information, residents can visit the Disney Performing Arts website.
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 3 Owner Plans To Sell 1 Pepsi Way With PepsiCo's Move Out Of Somers
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield